Give Confidently to Open Door Mission
Your donations and contributions help the Open Door Mission provide food, clothing, and shelter to Omaha’s homeless and hungry. With more than 2,000 homeless men, women and children living on Omaha’s streets every night, Open Door Mission’s goal is to reach out a helping hand to as many as we possibly can. And you can help.
Fiscal Year April 1, 2022 – March 31, 2023
Total Revenue $28,806,045
Total Expenses $26,622,093
Open Door Mission devoted 89.4 percent of all fiscal 2022 expenses to food, shelter, and life-changing programs for homeless and near-homeless men, women and children in the Heartland.
Open Door Mission belongs to God, and the staff is committed to Him. A godly and compassionate Board of Directors governs Open Door Mission and understands its responsibility to assure that your contributions are used honorably.
Open Door Mission is an arm of the Heartland’s church community. Through their support, many churches have commissioned us to reach out to the poor and the homeless.
1. Fundraising with Integrity
- We will never attempt to raise more money than the Mission needs.
- We will never sell or rent our donor mailing list
- We believe that our supporters want to hear from us in times of plenty, as well as in times of difficulty.
- We pledge to act with integrity when raising funds. We will always communicate our needs honestly.
2. Timely Payments & Reporting
- We will pay for its purchases immediately or within 30 days.
- We will promptly send receipts for all monetary donations.
- We will conform to the standards of the ECFA, submitting to an independent audit each year and maintaining an “open-book” policy.
3. Donor Standards
- We believe that Christians should support their local churches first. We will never encourage believers to support Open Door Mission until they have first met their obligations to their churches.
- We believe each gift comes from people who give sacrificially. Open Door Mission will use all gifts prayerfully and conservatively. No one will become financially wealthy as a result of his/her efforts at the mission. All designated donations will be used for the purposes they are given.
4. Open Communication
For more information about Open Door Mission’s financial principles and your rights as a donor, contact Mike Johnson, Chief Financial Officer, at (402) 829-1558 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to be good stewards of your donations, Open Door Mission offers a self-funded health plan to their employees. So as part of the Transparency in Coverage Role (TCR), we are required to post this cost and claims data site: NebraskaBlue.com/MRFs
Chairman – Mr. George Akers (7 years)
Academy Mortgage Company – Regional Manager
Vice Chairman – Mr. Kelly Loneman (21 years)
Image Market – Owner, Manager
CEO, Open Door Mission – Mrs. Candace Gregory (26 years)
Treasurer – Mr. Jon C. Gum (9 years)
AGP Processing, Inc. – Certified Public Accountant
Secretary – Mrs. Debbie Blank (21 years)
Living Word Ministries – Director
Past Chairman – Mr. Jim Gabrielson (28 years)
Past Chairman – Perry Poyner (21 years)
Alley Poyner Architecture – Architect
Mr. G.F. (Ted) Callier (33 years)
Mr. Steven Gunderson (48 years)
Gunderson Law Offices P.C., L.L.O. – Attorney
4-Stars from Charity Navigator
Open Door Mission’s strong commitment to accountability and transparency have earned it the highest rating of 4-stars in 2019 from Charity Navigator, America’s largest independent charity evaluator. Open Door Mission has earned this top distinction nine times in the last nine years. See their report
Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability
Open Door Mission is also a member in good standing of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA). Members must be 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organizations committed to evangelical Christianity; maintain the highest standards of financial and Christian ethics; make full financial disclosure; have an independent board that accepts responsibility for its activities; have its books audited annually and follow ECFA guidelines for fundraising.
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce
Open Door Mission is also a member of the Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce and the Better Business Bureau.
**A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the division of consumer services by calling toll-free within the state. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the state. Contact the Division of Consumer Services at 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352) or www.FloridaConsumerHelp.com**
2020 Gold Seal in the Nonprofit Profile on Guidestar
Open Door Mission has earned a 2020 Gold Seal in the Nonprofit Profile on GuideStar.
Now our community members, as well as 10+ million GuideStar users, can find in-depth information about our goals, strategies, capabilities, and progress. We’re shining a spotlight on the difference we help make in the world, thanks to your support.
Open Door Mission appreciates employees who partner with Give Nebraska and Combined Federal Campaign through their workplace.
Transform a Life Today